- Supports the operation of the enterprise private LAN/WAN/MAN and Internet-based business solutions that are located at various enterprise business locations.
- Helps to establish network standards and implementation plans and structured cabling support that satisfies current and projected user community requirements.
- Helps with basic to intermediate level network consulting, project management of small to intermediate projects and troubleshooting activities.
- Develop technical solutions and alternatives to minimizing downtime, increase productivity, increase network capacity and provide for support for business recovery activities.
- Analyzes, investigates and resolves networking issues and concerns.
- Provides 2nd level support pertaining to Network related issues and develops/maintains network documentation and trouble reports.
- Reports on the status of assigned projects both orally and in writing. Assists in preparing budget plans, verifies telco bills and assists in forecasting network costs where applicable.
- Participates in qualifying and documenting networking requirements for enterprise business units and business partners.
- A Bachelor’s degree or candidates with proven experience.
- 3+ years’ experience as a technician in one of the following areas: Network Engineering, Telecommunications and/or Electronics.
- Basic understanding / knowledge of the OSI model, network topologies, routed and routing protocols (RIP, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF).
- Familiar with Network protocol analyzers.
- Basic knowledge of Frame Relay, ATM, MPLS, VPN, ISDN and DSL.
- Have a proven record for supporting computer systems, including PC trouble shooting of network-related issues and possess independent problem-solving techniques.
- Windows and Unix OS as it pertains to networking, TCP/IP, Ethernet 10/100, Gigabit, 10G, EtherChannel, Network General Sniffer, Niksun, Telephony, Visio, Microsoft Project, HP Openview, Compuware AppVantage, Solarwinds, LAN Administration, WAN Administration, Internet Explorer, Network Security.
India – 2 people (Job code: INNE